Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

The Versatile Blogger

 Saturday, February 18, 2012

It’s always humbling to receive an award. It’s the idea that someone—anyone really—is paying attention, and paying attention to me, wow! Thank you Theresa@Chatter from Texas!! I’ve seen the Versatile Blogger award around on other peoples blogs, but other peoples blogs are, you know … other peoples—and my blog is just mine.So, again I thank Theresa for noticing me over here at A Life-Size Catholic Blog.

Receiving this award requires me to tell you 7 random facts about me, ugh! (Easier, I guess because pretty much everything about me falls into the category of random.) However, I love that I get to bestow this honor on 15 other bloggers, unfortunately, my list is in fact, much longer than the number of spots I’m allowed. Nevertheless, I’ll give it my best shot to stay within the required 15…here we go.

7 random facts about me:
1.       I take exercise very seriously—sometimes!
2.       I love a good laugh!
3.       I love my Prince…
4.       I’m a want-a-be gardener, but a city girl at heart
5.       I pick a word to focus on throughout the year
6.       I’m in a constant battle with time
7.       I think we all need to smile!
8.       My spiritual journey is like a labyrinth at times

For your reading pleasure, here are15 great bloggers/websites:

This first pick is nothing short of self-promotion, but with a twist. The twist being it's for a good cause! I was the chief website techie-gal on a school project that still chokes me up when I think about it! Working with a group of students, I helped create a website, Serve Those Who Have Served Us, to honor and promote support for our military veterans. The home page video (was created by an actual Marine veteran working on the project) is a must see, but grab the Kleenex box, you’ll need it. The Veterans Center of the college is taking over the site to keep it running—yippee!

The Priest’s Housekeeper: I can always count on The Priest’s Housekeeper to share some words of wisdom, beautiful poetry and wonderful photos and artwork. I loved her recent post Follow Your Own Path.  Life can be difficult and we must all find our own way, in own time, by our own route. 

Family At the Foot Of The Cross: I’m sure that Tiffany has been nominated for every award in the blogosphere. Her blog is real, comforting and supportive. She knows what’s important! Plus, she’s just plain nice. I find myself humming the tune At the Foot of the Cross whenever I've visited her.  ;-D

I featured One Million Acts of Kindness in a Pay it Forward recently and kindness is still at the top of my priority list! Click around Bob’s site and you’ll find a kindness certificate, a parent vow certificate and ways to support bringing more kindness into the world. See if Bob, Bogart and the bus will be in your area, or better yet book them!

Day by Day in Our World: Laura is always focusing on the elevation of others. Not just because of her posts on memes like Pay it Forward, but throughout her blog generally. She’s got a lot going on at her place: homeschooling (for which she should get an award!), faith, giveaways, reviews, and more!

GraceLovesIggy: Grace and her family have captured my heart. I was Grace’s age when my own newborn daughter was in intensive care @ Primary Children’s hospital undergoing heart surgery; I know how difficult it is not to fall into despair. Being there for each other is so important. Even if it’s popping over to a blog to say hi, we’re thinking of you! I loved her post about the little prayer book of her grandmothers. God bless you, Grace!

Catholic Bloggers Network: Talk about a lot going on! I’m linking the take the tour page so you can see for yourself! I hardly knew where to start there were so many options on this new Catholic networking site. It’s a Catholic bloggers field day. 

I have the pleasure of writing for a superb Catholic community site, Association of Catholic Women Bloggers. You can find a variety of Catholic interests posted there (here’s my latest) because they have plenty of authors, points of view, stories, and news hounds. Scattered among the women bloggers are a few priests too! Jackie Parkes is the founder and has her own great blog Heart Speaks unto Heart.

Daily Morning Coffee: There are times when I just have a moment to spare and not much more. So, I pop over to see what little thought the Daily Morning Coffee blog has posted. A few of my fav’s are Math Destruction, Soldiers in Heaven (apologies to my gentleman readers, but it made me laugh!) and Knitting and Driving.

Rambling Follower: Not only is Allison a wonderful writer, but she always has something fun or interesting to say! She made me laugh when she posted this, she made me cry when she posted this, she made me think when she posted this. So, if you want to laugh, cry and/or think or just visit, see Allison!

Community of Catholic Bloggers: Another Catholic Community Site that has remarkable authors and posts well worth your time. Some posts are Simple and some tug at your heart. Check them out when you have the Time.  

Prayers for our Pets: Esther and her crew over at Prayers for our Pets are providing a great service. I featured these stewards on Pay it forward a while back, but this group deserves all the shout-outs it can get! Committed to praying for pets, their owners and/or caretakers, these folks have their hands full. Thanks to all those involved in this wonderful service! Esther is the founder of this blog and she a plethora of great blogs to visit.

A new Catholic Community site named Suscipio is up and running. The tag line on the site—to raise up, support, maintain & accept the Catholic Woman. This site is big on reader interaction and networking. Suscipo hosts a book club, a place to share stories, a blog and more . 

My dear friend Carolyn who is one of the blog writers @St.Ambrose (my parish blog) is a great writer. She created our wonderful prayer request page and would love you to put them to work! She has recently written one of my favorite blog posts, God Should Advertise on the Super Bowl. She’s been contemplating starting two blogs of her own, and I’m waiting in anticipation. She makes the most amazing Christian sewing patterns you’ve ever seen. You’ll have to wait ‘till her new blogs are up and running, but until then you can read her clever writing among the authors @St.Ambrose.

@St.Ambrose has added a new blogger to the mix this past month—Mr. D. He recently moved to our area from Tenn. (lucky us!), and he’s been a welcome addition @St.Ambrose in many ways, including on the web. He writes his own blog, Maude’s Tavern with what I presume is a signature post written in the taverns honor. ;-D

There are some spectacular blogs and sites listed here for you to visit. And to think I could have gone on and on and on! (Like this isn't going on, right!) The rest of you are equally amazing and I enjoy visiting all of you when I can. The breadth and depth of writing available to us is amazing, isn't it? Many blessing to each of you!

Thanks again to Theresa@ChatterfromTexas!


4 comments:

Theresa February 18, 2012 at 9:49 PM  

Holly,
You are very welcome and I look forward to reading your blog. It is inspirational and with Lent almost upon us, we can all use a little inspiration.

Holly@A Life-Size Catholic Blog February 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM  

Theresa~ Your kind words are very appreciated!

Esther G. February 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM  

Holly, this was a really nice surprise. Mahalo nui loa! As promised I am posting about it on the Prayer for Our Pets award. So glad you are a part of that blogging family.

Holly@A Life-Size Catholic Blog February 21, 2012 at 6:43 AM  

Esther~You deserve it! I don't know how you keep on on all your blogging. The Pet Prayers blog alone has to be very time consuming. Thank you so much for taking the time to keep it up, it's a source of much peace!

Post a Comment

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”~ Mother Teresa

Thank you for visiting A Life-Size Catholic Blog, and for your kind words!

newer older home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP